Google Maps Business Listing
What is Google Maps?
Google Maps is a featured part of the Google search engine which can connect local businesses to nearby shoppers. Having your business listed and shown to customers using Google devices is an easy way to get more customers.
This is a relatively easy way to improve your Local Search Marketing services
How does it work? For users, Google Maps displays a list of local businesses that are relevant to a users search query. From the map diplay, users can get directions to a local business with a single click or tap. For a business, simply create your listing and enjoy the benefits of being discovered.
How to Get Business Listed on Google Maps
"How to get my business on Google Maps?", is a common question. Begin getting the benefits of Google Maps by adding your business information to Google Maps with just three easy steps.
- Claim or create your Google business listing. Start the process of adding your business to Google Maps by signing up for or logging into Google My Business. Afterwards, simply follow the instructions to claim or create your free listing. This listing can be found on Google My Business and Google Maps.
- Verify your local business. The verification process helps make sure the submitted information is accurate and only an authorized person has access manage the listing.Most verifications require receiving a postcard from Google which includes a verification code. You will then need to manually enter the code on your lsiting management page. Your listing will normally be live within 2-3 business days.
- Optimize your Google business listing. Once you've verified your business, it's important to fill in every section of your profile and provide as much information as possible. You should confirm the business information is accurate, and add appropriate info in every applicable field.
If you do not have a Google account you can register for free and begin the process. Be sure to keep your ID and password as you will need it to login later for updates and revisions.
How to Update Google Maps Business Listing
Keeping your Google Maps listing up to date is very important. You have two options to edit your Google Maps business listing:
1. If you find a business listing with an error in the information shown, you can submit a suggested revision. Google will review the submission and make a decison on whether or not to edit the current information.
2. For any business listing that you have claimed, you can visit the simply login to your Google account, go to the Apps dropdown, select My Business, and make any necessary revisions or updates.
Benefits of Claiming Your Profile
The most immediate benefit, and the most important benefit, is that your business can be easily found by people using Google and other search engines who use mapping information provided by Google.
It should be easy to recognize that a Google Maps listing puts your business in front of a massive number of potential customers every day.
When you claim your Google Maps listing and profile you can be notified about new features and information. As new features are introduced you may find opportunities to better optimize your Google Maps listing.
Interested in learning more or getting a citation building quote?
Simply call us at 770-429-5300 or click the button below to request more information.Request More Information